Mi lista de blogs

lunes, 13 de mayo de 2013

National Geographic: Fotografías del 2013

The house stands, the lights are on ...

Photo and caption by Alexander Nerozya
ISO 800, F 3,2, 38 seconds. On the way to Ergaki, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia. Twilight away the lights of one of the bases.
Location: Ergaki, Krasnoyarsk State, Russia.

Osprey just before impact

 
Photo and caption by Brad Lenear
I took this photograph near the spillway of Jordan lake dam shortly after the Osprey returned to my area for the 2013 season. Early in the spring, you can find them fishing at the base of the dam. I love photographing wildlife, but have a special place in my heart for any type of raptor.
Location: Moncure, North Carolina, USA

Unexpected Alliance

Photo and caption by Mary Ellen Urbanski
I have seen alligators and turtles together in ponds before, but never like this! I was at Bluebill Pond in Harris Neck NWR when I saw what I thought was an alligator sunning itself on a stump. As I got closer I realized that it was actually perched on the back of a turtle! I wish I had been there to witness how this surprising esprit de corps had came to pass!
Location: Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge, Townsend, GA, USA

Anhumas Abyss


Photo and caption by Kedson Silveira
Anhumas Abyss is a cave that access is by a gap that exists in the Rock through vertical Rappelling techniques. To the base of the cave is 72 meters of vertical drop, until the deck on the lake of clear water. That can reach 80m. depth. The fall offers a unique overview of the cave and having the sensation of being inside the Earth. When the sunlight comes down by the gap, its reflects the colors green and blue from the magnezium and limestone in the cavern rocks
Location: Bonito, Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil

Sunset in Sahara


 Photo and caption by Qiujia Wang
After a day's hiking into Sahara, our guide welcomed us with a cup of Moroccan mint tea and this amazing scenery in Sahara dessert.
Location: Sahara dessert, Morocco

In Seeking Food!

Photo and caption by Nariman Noorbakhsh Sabet
Hungry birds waiting for mother!
Location: Derak Mountain, Shiraz, Iran

The Midnight Sun

Photo and caption by Ken Bower
The midnight sun in northern Iceland. I shot this from a shallow stream that was slowly flowing into the Greenland Sea (79 second exposure).
Location: Iceland

 Machu Picchu
Photo and caption by Travis White
The majestic Machu Picchu in Peru. I trekked the Salkantay trail for 5 days and arrived at this ancient site to see this beautiful view.
Location: Machu Picchu, Peru

Cloudy Peaks


Photo and caption by Travis White
Trekking the Salkantay Trail on the way to Machu Picchu, Peru - 2012
Location: Salkantay Trek, Peru

Arbre de la vie

Photo and caption by marcus odierno
My interpretation of the tree of life towering over me on a narrow trail in Hawaii.
Location: Kauai, HI

Pink-backed Pelican

Photo and caption by Mark Gottlieb
This gorgeous Pink-backed Pelican can be found in one of the largest lakes in western Kenya at an elevation of over 6,000 ft above sea level.
Location: Lake Naivasha, Kenya

A great bustard male displays in front of two smaller females in Badajoz, Spain. Photograph by Ramon Navarro, Foto Natura/Minden Pictures/Corbis

A male southern elephant seal dwarfs a female in South Georgia Island. Photograph by Yva Momatiuk and John Eastcott, Minden Pictures/Corbis
So what does it take for male elephant seals, who are seven to eight times larger than females?
The way a male elephant seal passes on his genes is by having physical contests with other male elephant seals to keep them away from females so he can mate with them.
 His whole life history is structured so that he will be big, aggressive, and politically savvy on the breeding grounds. That means that he’s born larger [than females], he takes more milk from his mother than he would as a female, and he grows at a faster rate.
In order to sustain that growth rate, he ends up having to go foraging for a different kind of food that is found in a different part of the ocean [from where the females are foraging]. His whole life is different

The male spot orb weaver (right) treads carefully around the female, which may eat him. Photograph by Urak Istvan, My Shot
Across the animal kingdom, who’s bigger?
Females. If you think about a spider or a worm or an insect, they make a whole bunch of eggs, their bodies swell up with eggs, and they extrude the eggs in a big batch. It helps to be big.


May 13, 2013

Kalaripayattu Fighters, India

Photograph by Armand Poblete, My Shot
This Month in Photo of the Day: The Stories Behind Your Shots
I found out that there was an evening show on the ancient art of Kalaripayattu at Punarjani Traditional Village, less than a few blocks from my hotel in Munnar, India. Being an avid fan of martial arts, it immediately piqued my interest. I had just gotten a steal of a deal on a National Geographic camera strap on eBay, and while I was in line, the ticket master noticed it and dragged me to the front of the line. So I paid and followed him to the VIP seating, perfect for getting the shot!
First I observed the light and the action of the fighters. The dimly lit arena just gave it that feel of an '80s kung fu poster, and I wanted to keep it that way. After a few camera adjustments and a few hundred missed shots I finally captured the two fighters in midair. —Armand Poblete
(This photo was submitted to My Shot.)
 

Great Egret, Florida

Photograph by Carol Kay, Your Shot
This Month in Photo of the Day: The Stories Behind Your Shots
This great white egret is often found at this spot on Tampa's beautiful Hillsborough River. It was almost sunset, and we were just taking our kayaks out of the water at the Trout Creek Park boat dock. When I looked up and saw the bird directly across the river in front of this massive old bald cypress, I saw the "perfect" shot and grabbed my camera, a Nikon digital D80. The bluish cast to the water is partly due to the sun having gone almost down and pollen floating on the surface. —Carol Kay
(This photo was submitted to Your Shot.)

Estas fotografías han sido cedidas por : National Geographic 2013
Guillermo Gonzalo Sánchez Achutegui
ayabaca@gmail.com
ayabaca@hotmail.com
ayabaca@yahoo.com
Inscríbete en el Foro del blog y participa : A Vuelo De Un Quinde - El Foro!

No hay comentarios: